Saturday, February 12, 2011

Cold Feet Not Allowed


View from the plane, coming up to Iqaluit.  What looks like a starry sky was caused by the frost forming on the outside of the window.


Another view from the plane.  SO incredible.  It felt like something I had seen on IMAX or the Planet Earth series.


Somewhat frozen after a 30 minute walk to the NorthMart in - 48 weather.


View from my bedroom window right onto Frobisher Bay.  Best seat in the house!


Two ravens also enjoying the view of Frobisher Bay.


Another view from my window, sketched by yours truly.

So I landed in Iqaluit on February 11th and so far everything has simply been amazing!  I was glad that there were no problems with my luggage.  My 3 bins of food made it safe and sound as well as my clothes and art supplies (including a glass ink bottle I was praying wouldnt bust and leak all over my clothes).  I can't describe how exciting it is to be here and experience something completely new.  I got really lucky in terms of living accommodations: amazing huge two-story place at the highest point in Iqaluit, shared by a super nice French couple and a hilarious girl from Slovakia.  Oh and the room I got is furnished!  I will post pictures of the apartment soon.

In case you're wondering about the name I chose for the blog, it is actually the name of the road I am living on!  It is a road that, as its name describes, goes nowhere, meaning that it ends in the middle of nowhere and ultimately has no real destination.

Alright, well that's it for now but I have so much to say that I will be posting again soon!
In the meantime, I am safe, sound and having a great time!

- Pascale

5 comments:

  1. j'adore les photos Pascale : c'est vraiment cool et elles sont wild ... j'ai hate de voir les photos de ta chambre - et autres!! ... et de lire tes mises-a-jour et tes aventures .. est-ce que tu aimes ca? excuse le manque d'accents : je me sers du macbook pro de Darrell et je ne sais pas ou les accents sont avec un mac .. *gros hugs* Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I am so stoked for you right now. The photos are beautiful as is the sketch. I can't wait to catch up and hear about all your crazy cool adventures (he he).
    Lots of love,
    Mare

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!! Les photos de l'avion sont incroyables! C'est super que le début de ta grande aventure nordique se déroule aussi bien! Et tu vis dans une belle grosse maison? :D Quelle belle surprise!

    Bonne chance avec le commencement de ton travail demain, j'ai hâte d'en entendre plus parler!

    Isa xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi Pascale
    nice blog, i really like the photos and the drawing - love the view! ah yes the "Northern" (as we had) and the $10 orange juice! Watch for the sales on merchandise tho - can go really cheap sometimes =$2 jeans etc
    wish you all the best
    kathi

    ReplyDelete