Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grocery Shopping in Iqaluit

Sooo I had prepared this great little video tour of the apartment but apparently uploading videos here takes about 1 week so instead, for your entertainment pleasure, I will post pictures of food prices!

Enjoy!


And I used to complain about how the price of cereals had gone up in Ottawa...  I will be dreaming of those $5 boxes from now on!


I think shopping for food in Iqaluit is like shopping at a really expensive gas station.


I'll pass.


Orange juice has never looked so painful.


This is just funny.  I will also pass.


Oh look!!  A sale!! (That's a 7 by the way, not a 1.)


To be expected, but still... Won't be having much of that either.

So these are some of the most extreme things I saw while shopping at the North Mart but people who live here have ways of getting around the ridiculous prices.  One way is not to buy the ridiculously overpriced things, but another is also to order a lot of produce and food products from Ottawa or Montreal.  Anyway, that's it for now!

Toodles!

2 comments: