Sunday, February 20, 2011

Huskies! (Dédié à Philémon)

So, if you know me you know that I LOVE dogs and being here I thought I would be seeing huskies left, right and center... I was wrong!  Up until today I had seen a few other dogs (surprisingly lots of little hyper yappy shnitzel types) but had yet to see a single husky!  So I went on a mission this afternoon to find "the huskies".  I put it in brackets because there are other huskies around town (although I have yet to see any) but the huskies I was looking for are the ones that are trained for dog races.  I was told they are all kept together outside sort of behind the airport.  I headed towards the airport but ended up taking the "wrong" street and walking right up to the little valley where they are being kept.  The conditions are kind of sad because they are chained up to this single chain that is littered with dog poo.  I wonder if they ever get cold.  Some of them had pretty bloody muzzles, which makes me wonder what they are fed.  Anyhow, here are some pictures of them, some cute and some a bit eerie.  I didn't want to venture out too far because I had no idea if this was private property or not.  I want to go back during the week and try to talk to someone who is in charge of the dogs so that way maybe I will see them when they are eating or maybe even be able to pet them.











Lone Wolf.  I figured this guy must be the leader of the pack because he was the only one who wasn't chained up to the main chain.

No comments:

Post a Comment