Saturday, February 19, 2011

Full Moon Nocturnal Excursion

"Talk of your cold! through the parka’s fold it stabbed like a driven nail.
If our eyes we’d close, then the lashes froze till sometimes we couldn’t see; 
It wasn't much fun but the only one to whimper was Sam McGee"


So my roommate and I decided to walk up the mountain behind our house and check out the landscape at night.  The moon was full and lighting up the land to the point where we could see everything for miles.  I took about 20 minutes to walk up the first hill from where we could look down upon this immense valley that made us feel like we were walking on another planet.  Unfortunately, it was really hard to capture the depth of the moonlit desolated land.  Regardless, I have a few pictures to put up (and I actually thought my hand was going to fall off when I was taking them).  That is also why most of them are blurry: long exposure time in -50 doesn't make for very steady pictures.



Des vagues de neige.



1 comment: