Saturday, March 5, 2011

Arts and Crafts

Here are a few pictures from the preschool I've been working at.  Needless to say that my favourite activities are the crafts!  Playing musical chair and dancing around is fun too but there's nothing like seeing how kids interpret the craft I show them.  My absolute favourite are the spaghetti plates we made. We had been playing tomate-spaghetti (essentially duck-duck-goose) and I thought making spaghetti would be fun.  So I shredded some yellow paper in the paper shredder, got out some glue, red paint, paper and markers.  The results were hilariously awesome.   Even though I've seen 1000s of crafts over the last 7 years working with kids at the NGC, I think this one is in my top 5.



Jayko and Nathan showing off their spaghettis!



Sometimes they are angels..



And sometimes they are not.



Ava's spaghetti.



Aurora's spaghetti.



Showed a few of them how to draw tigers.  This one is Jayme-Lee's.



Jona-sten's tiger.



Inez's tiger.



We made a boat and they filled it up with people.



We also made little owls.



This is Jayme-Lee's volcano erupting onto an unfortunate by-stander.

2 comments:

  1. Yo Pascale I'm still waiting for the copmlete blog post that describes what the heck you are up there for/what job/which organisation/how long. I want the administrative details!!

    ReplyDelete